Soliloquies Anthology is currently seeking a co-Editor-in-Chief for the 2016-2017 academic year, to work in collaboration with an Editor-in-Chief appointed from the current editorial committee. This position is a great opportunity to gain valuable publishing and editing experience, and to contribute to the literary community on campus.
Responsibilities of the Editors-in-Chief:
• Hire and manage the editorial committee
• Budget and obtain funding for publications, events, and administrative expenses
• Organize the production of our bi-annual print publications, including submissions, editing, printing, and dissemination
• Organize and host literary events, including the Soliloquies Reads series and our publication launches
• Oversee the Flash Fiction contests, online Soliloquies Writes content, and social media
• Maintain the archive of past publications, editors, and contributors
• Introduce new initiatives to benefit the readership of the publication
Previous publishing and editing experience (online or in print) is required for this position. Management or event planning experience is preferred. Applicants must be undergraduate Concordia students through the 2016-2017 academic year, enrolled in an English literature and/ or creative writing degree (honours, major, specialization, minor).
Send an updated CV and a max. 500 word cover letter detailing past editing experience and relevant assets to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, March 11th at 11:59pm. Applicants may be asked to interview on March 15th or 16th. Applicants should be prepared to intern for the duration of the 2015-2016 academic year if hired.
Undergraduate Concordia students who are not eligible for this position but interested in joining the Soliloquies Anthology editorial committee may apply during our April call for editors. Information will be available on our Facebook page and website in the coming weeks.